Fallon was born in Minneapolis in the summer of 1981, during a recession and without a founding client. The agency was established by five idealists with a shared passion for understanding consumers and their behaviour, as well as shared values and common-sense organisational principles.
They pooled their resources to buy one page in a newspaper to boldly announce to the world that there was a new agency ‘for clients who would rather outsmart the competition than outspend them’, a defining belief that is still deeply held more than 30 years later.
Fallon London launched with these same beliefs and values in 1998, and in today’s world of multiple media channels (and in another recession) the philosophy of using creativity to outsmart the competition is even more relevant today than it’s ever been.
We believe that the only way for brands to stand out is through smart creativity: the combination of grounded, illuminating business insight and creative magic that work together to earn our clients a greater share of mind than their media spend can buy.
To outsmart not outspend is:
1. The lens that informs our work
2. A brief for how we build our teams and processes into collaborative, agile working groups
3. Our brief to recruitment partners as we grow
4. How we approach our costs to ensure we deliver value back to clients
5. An inspiration for layout and configuration of our office
… it is our reason to be and what sets us apart from the competition