Architect MAA/RIBA, Kim H. Nielsen (born 1954) is Founder and Principalof 3XN. Since the start of the company in 1986, Kim H. Nielsen has been the creative driving force behind 3XN. He functions as the creative director and has overall responsibility for the architectural quality of 3XN’s work from the idea to the final result. Working closely with the Competition Department, Kim directs the group with a high degree of personal involvement in each project. Kim Herforth Nielsen has been involved in all of the practice’s major projects, including the Copenhagen Arena, the aquarium The Blue Planet, Museum of Liverpool, Ørestad College in Copenhagen, Muziekgebouw Concert Hall in Amsterdam, and the UN City HQ in Copenhagen.
Kim H. Nielsen is often called upon as a jury member in International architectural competitions and as a lecturer at art academies and universities around the world. Since 2013 Kim has been chairman of architecture committee at Danish Arts Foundation.
Honorary Office and Distinctions
- Chairman of architecture committee at Danish Arts Foundation (2014-2018)
- Honorary Professor of Aarhus School of Architecture
- C. F. Hansen Medaille, highest order among architects in DK, 2009
- Knight of Dannebrog, 2000
- The Eckersberg Medaille, 1999
- The Nykredit Architectural Award, 1988
- Awards: RIBA (2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013), Mipim (2004, 2006)