Human City Design Award 2019
Seoul Design Foundation has launched a Human City Design Award in partnership with Saint-Etienne and Nagoya UNESCO Cities of Design.
This international Award is addressed to designers or groups that have contributed to building a more harmonious and sustainable relationship between men and their environment, tackling urban environmental issues and by presenting a new vision through creative design.
Design for Sustainable City for a harmonious relationship between human and the environment
1. To establish a sustainable city ecosystem for a harmonious relationship between people and the environment through design
2. To discuss design as a creative solution of complex social problems in the city and expand design’s healing effects around the world
3. To make the design sector contribute to the development of mankind
Projects that contribute to a more harmonious and sustainable relationship between people and people, people and society, people and the environment and people and nature
Individuals or organizations who have five or more years of experience in design-related field and providing a recommendation letter from nations, local city governments, design-related universities or design-related associations
1 Grand Prize for 1 laureate [Human City Grand Prize]
10 Benefit Awards for applicants who qualified at the 1st review
Grand Prize Money
100 000 000 wons (KRW)
*worth 85 000 US$ or 76 000 € (variable according to the rate of exchange)
Benefit Award and Grand Prize
• Participation as a speaker at 2019 Seoul Design Week International Conference
• Support for exhibition at 2019 Seoul Design Week “Human City Design Award”
• Support for a visit to 2019 Seoul Design Week (airfare and lodging expenses)
Dates (Korean Standard Time)
• Official Announcement I 27 June 2019 (Thur.) – 06 August 2019 (Tue.)
• 1st Registration I 08 July 2019 (Mon.) – 06 August 2019 (Tue.)
• 1st Review I 07 August 2019 (Wed.) – 11 August 2019 (Sun.)
• 2nd Registration I 12 August 2019 (Mon.) – 16 August 2019 (Fri.)
• 2nd Review I 17 August 2019 (Sat.) – 21 August 2019 (Wed.)
• Final Review (including Site Verification) I 22 August 2019 (Thur.) – 03 September 2019 (Tue.)
• Announcement of Winner I Early September 2019
This Award is inspired by the European project Human Cities Challenging the City Scale, led by Cité du design Saint-Etienne with 11 European partners from 2014 to 2018. It is the continuity of the cooperation on this topic initiated in 2018 by Seoul, Saint-Etienne and Nagoya, UNESCO Cities of Design, for the creation of a Human City Design network in Asia.
Trackback from your site.